Friday, October 11, 2019

Oct 7 - 11

In math we are working on addition and basic facts.  One strategy we explored is adding doubles. number lines, hundreds charts and using manipulatives are other strategies we are using to help us.

In science we are still exploring magnets. We went on a scavenger hunt around our room and looked for things that were magnetic and non magnetic.
Ask me how I did on my quiz.๐Ÿ‘
I can tell you where magnets are used in the environment. 
I can tell you what materials are attracted by a magnet from those that are not.
I know that magnets attract materials with iron or steel in them.
I know that magnets have a North / South Pole & that opposites attract.
I can compare and measure the strength of magnets.
With the snow & winter coming we looked at some autumn pictures & admired all the colors of the leaves. We created some tree art pictures with pastels.

....BUT we are ready for winter!

Happy Thanksgiving ๐Ÿ—

Picture Day - October 16

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 3

Thank you for being so patient & supportive as we navigate this very unique time in history. We are doing our best to build the boat wh...