Friday, October 18, 2019

Oct 15 - 18

With the weather getting colder, just a reminder that if you wish to come in early for soft entry you need to be at Door 3 between 8:55 - 9:00am.  If your child chooses to come in the expectation is that they are engaged in a quiet, independent activity.
After the weekend we often centre our first writing activity around what we did with our families, places we may have visited or friends we may have seen. It not only gives us a chance to practice our writing skills, but the students can share with me and their classmates a little more about their family and what they like to do together.

In math we are finishing up patterns. Ask me what ATTRIBUTES means.
  I can describe, extend, compare and draw a repeating pattern.
  I can describe, extend, compare and draw an increasing pattern.
  I can create a new pattern.
  I can talk about a pattern rule.
  I can identify the pattern core.
  I can use 2 attributes (size, shape, colour, design, direction, etc.) to make a pattern.
We read The Most Magnificent Thing by Ashley Spires. It taught us the importance of having a plan and sticking with it even if we aren't successful our first time.
We then had an orientation and chance to explore in our new Maker Space. It is housed in our Learning Commons and we got to build with blocks or straws, do some logic puzzles and try out some games. In the future we can plan out a project and bring it to life there.


We started TRY SOMETHING NEW (TSN) this week.  Ask me what group I am in.
October 25 - Halloween Dance 6-7:30pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

April 3

Thank you for being so patient & supportive as we navigate this very unique time in history. We are doing our best to build the boat wh...